Monday, June 22, 2009

I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....

I stole the title from my friend's Gmail chat status, but it definitely applies here. Obama signed the legislation that is going to allow the FDA to regulate tobacco. I'm so sorry to all of you smoking menthols, because they are soon going to go out the door. As well as any of you smoking full flavor, lights, ultra lights, generic, or name brand cigarettes, because the FDA has your number. As a smoker, I am wicked upset about this....but hey, apparently it's not my choice to smoke and what I smoke and how many I smoke, it's the government who is going to decide what kind of cigarettes I can smoke, with how much nicotine, and whether or not it's menthol.



Here's what really gets me, and now I'm just throwing numbers out there, I'm not a scientist....but say you are someone who makes $25,000 a year, and you smoke one pack (20 cigarettes) at $5.25 a pack, with 10mg nicotine per cigarette. The FDA comes along and decides that all cigarettes can have no more than 7.5mg of nicotine per cigarette. It being an addiction, you are going to have to smoke another 7 cigarettes a day to get the same amount of nicotine. Now, I'm sure all the liberals out there will say, well you shouldn't be smoking anyway, but the thing is, these people want us to continue smoking, because they want the tax revenue. And there will be new taxes, don't doubt that for a second. And these are taxes that will be paid disproportionately by the poor, you know, the liberals voting block.... And nevermind the fact that's it's not GOVERNMENT'S JOB to decide what you can and can't so, so long as you aren't hurting anyone else by doing it.



This should come as no suprise to anyone though, as this administration and current Congress have no problem meddling with the private sector, mostly because they don't want the private sector.....they want to be everyone's savior.



Can someone let Ms. Pelosi know that my daughter needs her diaper changed....I'm sure she'd love to come in and save my day from that horrible mess in her drawers. They want to save everyone else....

No comments:

Post a Comment